HOW TO REMOVE MAKEUP (THE CORRECT WAY)

Hey Beauties! :D

This post is dedicated to one of my beauty readers who requested if I could do a blog post on how to effectively remove makeup. Here is the request:

Hi! Do you think you could do a post on the best way to remove makeup (such as eyeliner) without damaging the skin around the eyes- as you say it may cause wrinkles with age. So it would be really helpful to know how to effectively remove makeup without causing wrinkles :)
Copyright: Makeupmaniaah.blogspot.com.au

So how does everyone remove makeup? I decided to ask around and see how people take their makeup off. I got some interesting ideas, take a look:

  • "I use soap and water."
  • "Mostly makeup remover wipes because I don't have any time."
  • "Micellar water and a cotton pad."
  • "I just use my cleanser, it seems to get most of the makeup off."
  • "I don't wash my makeup off- oops."
  • "I just use those round things that take off makeup around your eyes. I leave the rest to come off in the shower." 

Any seem familiar? I can tell you that I used to use makeup remover wipes - literally for everything: eyes, base and lips. I just liked how quick and easy it was to get off. But then I started researching the proper the way to remove makeup. So through some research and in my experience, here is the proper way to remove your eye, base and lip makeup so that your skin is feeling clean and makeup free.

Eyes

If you are waking up and you still have dark rims under yours eyes, or your eyelashes seem to be falling out while you are removing mascara, you are probably removing your eye makeup the wrong way. The best way to remove eye makeup would be with a cotton pad and some moisturiser or facial oil. It's important when removing eye makeup that you place the cotton pad on your eyelid and leave it there for a while. Then you need to gently massage your eyelid using the cotton pad. If you have any hard to reach areas you can use a cotton tip with the moisturiser/ facial oil on. For waterproof mascara I would suggest using an oil-based makeup remover.

Tip: Don't rub your eye because you just pull the delicate skin, which will lead to fine lines and wrinkles. Instead, gently massage the skin on your eyelid and around your eye. This will also "loosen" any eyeliner. 

Base

If you are wearing quite a lot of base (concealer, foundation, powder), I would suggest using a cleanser that removes makeup and cleanses your skin at the same time. You can put a blob of the cleanser in the palm of your hands and apply it all over your face. Then you want to gently massage it into your skin to get that circulation going. Once you think all the makeup has been removed, you can use a warm cotton pad/ towel to remove the cleanser. I would then apply a moisturiser.

Reminder: Don't forget to remove the makeup off your neck. 

Lips 

If you have been wearing a bold lip like red, a good idea would be to use a cotton pad soaked in micellar water. You want to gently wipe across your upper and lower lip to get the worst of it off. Don't wipe too hard otherwise you will leave your lips feeling raw (I've done this many times and it hurts). You can also use your facial cleansers to remove the rest of the lip product if the micellar water didn't work. Once most of the lipstick is removed, you can follow up with a lip balm to add moisture back into your lips.  

Reminder: Never wipe hard when removing your lipstick, it's way to painful and you will end up with dry, cracked lips. 

Well there you go, I hope this will help in reducing winkles from incorrectly removing makeup. If you have any other requests- I would love to know. You can either reach me on Facebook, or simply just comment below! I'm always open to new ideas. If you like this blog please show your love and follow me on my social media channels.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Cas! I will definitely stop using wipes to get rid of my eye makeup :S I must be stretching my poor skin like crazy! Would something like a cold cream be okay for eyes too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the wipes are really bad if you use them everyday - but once every now and again is ok. And a cold cream would definitely be very smoothing for the eyes. Do you have a product in mind?

      Delete
  2. Anonymous10/08/2015

    This is a great post, thanks for responding to the request! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! I tired to cover as much as I could :) If there is any else you would like to know - just ask :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the great information. It is very useful and informative.


    suggested ways to remove wirnkles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you loved the post! If there is anything you would like to know - just post it in the comments! :)

      Delete

Subscribe to my blog!

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top