STROBING: HIGHLIGHTING

Hey Beauties! :D

Previously I did a blog post on contouring and highlighting (click here if you missed it). However, strobing has become the latest trend, so I thought it would be nice to do a blog post on it. If you aren't sure what strobing is, it's basically just highlighting. It creates the illusion of "dewy" skin, which makes your skin appear more youthful and natural. So how exactly do you do this?

Copyright: Makeupmaniaah.blogspot.com.au

Firstly, you want to moisturise your skin and apply primer on the parts of your face where you maybe oily. Then you want to apply your foundation (this is all as per normal). Once you are happy with the coverage, you need to get a highlighter that's two shades slighter than your skin tone. I usually match it based on the foundation that I am wearing (making sure that the foundation is the correct colour). I generally highlight on my cheekbones, along my temples and down the bridge of my nose. I also highlight below the brow bone, in the corers of my eyes and above my cupids bow. This enhances my natural features. Now try not to put the highlighter all over your face, or else you may end up looking like a greasy mess. No one wants this. If you have oily skin, like me- don't highlight your forehead and chin (these parts are generally a little shinny already).

Now once you have applied the highlighter you can either use your fingers, a damp beauty blender or a fan brush to blend it out. I always make sure I blend out the harsh lines, so that they fade nicely into the rest of my foundation.

Now, I know I keep talking about oily skin. But if you do, always grab a matte bronzer and blush, then use a shimmery highlighter. In fact you should always use matte products (powder, bronzer, primer, foundation) if your highlighter is shimmery. Oh, and don't highlight your breakouts! Unless you want them to be on display. Which I'm pretty sure, is fairly obvious.

Well, I do hope that helped! If you have used any great highlighting products, I would love to know! Just comment below. I am also on social media- like the rest of the world, so why not follow and like my Facebook page. It's quite cool. Oh and anyone thats reading this from Aussie- check out my business (below).


Instagram - Follow it
Facebook - Like it
Twitter - Follow it
Pinterest -Follow it
Bloglovin (NEW) - Follow it

1 comment:

  1. Three years on Final Touch Brows is presently the universes biggest scope of temples items, accessible in more than 150 salons crosswise over Australia and NZ and also salons in the Middle East. Not just has Danielle Kurukchi made a line of temples items to upgrade anybody's foreheads however is eminent for making Australia's initial 100% human hair, high quality Eyebrow Products for men and ladies who have shockingly lost their temples because of ailment and medicinal treatment. The New York Times, Elle.com, Cosmopolitan.com, Sunday STYLE, Primped.com.au and a large group of other neighborhood print and online distributions highlighted final Touch Brows items and were recorded as leading one of Australia's most inventive items.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to my blog!

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top